Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Social Media for Doll People

Wow, you ladies rock! I put up a blog, and a few days later, it has 250 views! I ask for reviews of my book and get five five-star reviews! And at the same time, I make the first sale of my book on Amazon! This is definitely the way to go for us dollmakers. We work all alone at home for hours, days and weeks, and sometimes don't see another person for ages. So for us, going online to connect is a necessary (dare I say?) evil. I've connected with people who can't leave their homes for one reason or another. Only by reading websites, blogs, facebook, etc. do they get to have any social interaction at all. Well, I have to say, this is a little bit of heaven for me to get such a nice response after just dipping my toes in the water. I have had to work on other things for the past few days. But starting tomorrow I'll be building my website, putting up links (please send me links to websites for dollmakers, doll artists, etc!) and hopefully I'll have something nice to show in response to all your responses! In the meantime, be well, and happy dollmaking! Noni

No comments:

Post a Comment